Dine and bathe for Arthritis Awareness Week
This is the first in a series of three dine and bathe charity evenings which is supporting our official partner Arthritis & Osteoporosis Victoria.
While you indulge in the chef’s specially selected dinner menu, before or after soaking in the thermal pools of the Spa Dreaming Centre, Amanda Sobey who is our speaker of the night will share her challenging experiences of living with the limited functions of muscular mobility. Amanda was diagnosed with arthritis at age of 23. “Basic things began to frustrate me such as not being able to open medication bottles, squeeze toothpaste out of the tube, open jars, overhead cupboards, bottles of water, nor drive my car or exercise comfortably”, explained Amanda.
The Dine & Bathe for Arthritis Awareness Week is to be held on Wednesday 1st June and the package includes:
- 30 minute talk by Amanda Sobey
- A main course from our set menu options
- A glass of wine, juice or beer
- Tea or coffee
- Bathing in the Spa Dreaming Centre pools
- Towel, robe and locker hire
Cost: $85 per person – $40 from each ticket will be donated to Arthritis & Osteoporosis Victoria
Two other charity Dine and Bathe evenings for AOV are planned on:
- Wednesday, July 20 – National Pain Week
- Wednesday, October 5 Victorian Seniors Festival