Cultural walk and bathe experience – 2018 dates
Peninsula Hot Springs is pleased to announce the cultural walk and bathe experience will now be offered twice a month (on the last weekend of the month, on both Saturday and Sunday) until July 1 2018. Hosted by Gunditjmara Kirrae Wurrung – Bundjalung man, Lionel Lauch, this experience explores the No 16 beach divide in Rye.
Passionate about his cultural heritage and people, Lionel embraces these opportunities to share his knowledge of the land and educate others about his culture through guided walks ‘on country’, didgeridoo healing meditations, smoking ceremonies and talks.
No. 16 Beach Divide in Rye is one of Lionel’s favourite places on the Mornington Peninsula. Surrounded by native coastal flora, Lionel will educate everyone in his easy going manner on bush-tucker, medicines, share knowledge of Indigenous culture and this ancient landscape. You will find a quiet spot in the dunes to sit and be led through a didgeridoo meditation session whilst taking in the gorgeous ocean view.
The duration of the walk is around two hours, and will commence at 9am so please arrive at 8:45am. After the completion of the walk you will need to drive to Peninsula Hot Springs where you will enjoy a bathing in the Bath House. The Bath House is Peninsula Hot Springs social, family friendly bathing area which offers over 20 globally inspired experiences.
- To make a booking please call our reservations team (03) 5950 8777.
- There is a limited number of guests for this experience, so ensure that you reserve your place early to avoid disappointment.
- January – 27th and 28th
- February – 24th and 25th
- March – 31st and April 1st
- April – 28th and 29th
- May – 26th and 27th
- June – 30th and July 1st
Things to know:
- Meet at No. 16th beach carpark off Tasman Drive, Rye at 8:45am
The carpark is opposite 16 Beach General Store at 414 Tasman Drive, Rye
- Wear closed toe walking shoes
- Dress for all weather
- You will be bathing in the Bath House at Peninsula Hot Springs
What to bring:
- Water bottle for the walk and bathing
- Bathers, towel for bathing
- Raincoat, if required
Find out more about Lionel Lauch
Book via the phone by calling us on (03) 5950 8777