Refreshing citrus chamomile iced tea recipe
Begin the New Year by taking care of yourself, gently cleanse and detoxify your body and mind after a hectic festive season.
Tulsi-Holy Basil found in Organic Indiatea supports liver detoxification, so it can help you simply and easily cleanse unwanted toxins from your body, while boosting your metabolism and unleashing a new supply of welcome energy. Improved stamina and clearing mental fog are also benefits of this Ayurvedic herb that also has a deeply relaxing effect on your nervous system.
Throughout India, Tulsi is revered as a sacred plant infused with healing powers. Tulsi’s life-enhancing qualities have been repeatedly noted in ancient Indian scriptures dating back over 5000 years.
Citrus Chamomile Iced tea recipe
- Steep a bag of Tulsi Honey Chamomile Tea in a cup of boiled water for 3-5 mins
- Squeeze juice of lemon, lime and/or orange
- Boil the rind of these fruits in half a cup of water for about 5 minutes on low flame
- Add to tea and let cool to room temperature
- Refrigerate until cool and serve over ice
This recipe could be sweetened if desired. Recommended sweeteners are honey or stevia. Do not add honey to boiling hot tea as it spoils the flavour and the quality of the honey & tea. Ensure tea is warm (but not cold) if adding honey.
Tulsi tea can be purchased at Peninsula Hot Springs or online.