Ride for Relief 2020
be part of our annual charity cycling & bathing event
Join us for another year to help raise funds and support those living with a diagnosed mental illness.
This year has been a challenging one for many, and it has never been more important to support those experiencing mental health challenges. Join Peninsula Hot Springs and Mentis Assist, as they reunite for the annual Ride for Relief, a community event to build connection, promote mental health awareness and support the immune system through the benefits of physical activity and hot springs bathing.
Sunday 6th December, 2020
* To receive an early bird offer, register by midnight, 16th August, 2020.
On the morning of Sunday 6th December, 2020, riders will meet at Peninsula Hot Springs to take off on a spectacular scenic ride around Mornington Peninsula. There are four experiences to choose from:
• Half day experience: 51km recreational ride and bathe
• Full day experience: 51km recreational ride and bathe
• Full day experience*: 108km intermediate† ride and bathe – paced approx 25kph)
• Full day experience*: 108km advanced† ride and bathe – paced > 25kph
This professionally arranged and fully supported ride will be assisted by Connect Sport Australia and includes lead riders, a bike mechanic and first aid specialist.All rides will finish at Peninsula Hot Springs, where participants can unwind, relax and recover by bathing in natural geothermal mineral-rich waters. All full day riders will also enjoy a healthy buffet- style lunch.
*Subject to demand – minimum 10+ riders required per experience.
Mentis Assist will use these funds to promote accessible mental health and physical wellbeing opportunities that work to build strong and resilient individuals and communities.
The point of difference
Ride for Relief is unique in that it is a boutique event that allows a maximum of only 81 participants in 3 rides. This creates an intimate team environment in which mental health can be discussed and personal stories can be shared throughout the day.
Half day experience (51km ride) ………………………………………$140
Full day experience (51km ride, 108km ride) ………………..$180
- Your choice of a 51km Recreational ride, a 108km Intermediate ride or a 108km Advanced ride, all with on-road support vehicles and crew.
- Morning tea and cakes at a café, plus water and bars/gels carried in a support vehicle.
- All full day experiences include healthy buffet-style lunch at Peninsula Hot Springs.
- Recovery bathing session at Peninsula Hot Springs with towel, robe and locker hire.
- Bathing passes for two to potentially invite someone who may have been affected with mental health issues. Valued at $110
- Ride for Relief team jersey offered as an optional purchase.
- Optional 60-minute signature full body recovery massage in the Spa Dreaming Centre at a discounted rate of $100. Valued at $150 – subject to availability
- A training program to help you prepare for the event.
- Advice and support from Mentis Assist in creating an innovative online fundraising page.
- Hands on support in fundraising. In previous years, our riders have enjoyed the fundraising experience, and the majority of our riders achieve the targets with ease.
For all key event terms and Covid-19 contingency plans, please refer to the brochure below.
two courses to choose from
Route may change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
* To receive the early bird offer, register by midnight, 16th August, 2020.
** Subject to demand – minimum 10+ riders required per experience.
† Only exception applies if the event has to run virutually on Zwift.
Stories from Mentis Assist
Mentis Assist helps many Australians living with mental health conditions. Read some of their stories below and discover more about their valuable work and how the funds raised could be used.
For the past five years, Kaitlyn’s life has been a rollercoaster of change and emotional turmoil. However, despite battling Bipolar Disorder, depression, alcoholism and an addiction to prescription drugs, she still counts herself as lucky. With seemingly no future in sight, Kaitlyn was referred to Mentis Assist. Life suddenly took a positive turn.
“My outreach worker was amazing. She worked with me on strategies to manage my anxiety and depression and find better ways to deal with life and relationships. She found me accommodation and supported me in returning to study” (Kaitlyn is completing a Diploma in counselling).
What seemed a setback six months ago, when Kaitlyn was admitted to hospital, turned out to be a blessing: she was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and finally prescribed medication to balance her moods.
Josie 68, is the carer of her 29 year old son, who she lives at home with. Josie began receiving support from Mentis Assist when her physical and emotional health was at an all-time low. Josie was going through a difficult time in her life when she reached out to Mentis Assist. Her son had recently been discharged from hospital, after being diagnosed with ADHD, Bipolar Disorder and substance abuse.Josie felt isolated from her family and friends due to the demands of her carer role and was experiencing financial difficulties, due to her inability to commit to work, preventing her from being able to contribute to the daily living costs.
Mentis provided Josie with fortnightly support, including emotional assistance and facilitated carer outings, allowing her to connect with other carers through Mentis Carer Education programs, peer and social support groups.
We’re pleased to announce our sponsors for this year’s event:
“Given NAB Mornington’s focus on community support we are excited to be partnering with Peninsula Hot Springs as Platinum Sponsors of the 2020 Ride for Relief with the aspiration of raising funds & awareness for mental health with Mentis Assist.” – NAB Mornington
“Our qualified advisors and accountants offer a comprehensive suite of services to clients ranging from various industries. Services we provide include strategic business advisory, taxation, accounting, audit and compliance, superannuation, due diligence and financial planning.” – Ashfords
Hannaford’s Cleaning Trade Supply Co. is a family business that has been operating since 1990. Under the ownership of Frank and Josie Materia the business has grown to become one of Melbourne’s leading outlets for washroom products and cleaning supplies. “We are really glad to be involved in Fundraising for Mental Health. We commend Mentis Assist and PHS for all of their Hard Work” – Hannafords Cleaning Trade Supply Co.